A nice small and hi-tech home. Do you like it?
Contemporary British Home Accents
Established in 2002, Tom Dixon is a British lighting, furniture and accessories brand that is obsessed with honest materials, and innovative design. With a commitment to innovation and a mission to revive the British furniture industry, the brand is inspired by their nation’s unique heritage.
Prices from S$199.10
An interesting video to bring you what Katong is like in a visual effect via a one-minute-plus video. Brought to you by 4 pretty Japanese ladies. Welcome to Singapore and Katong!
In Singapore, where everybody is so busy with work and many obligations, it is hard not to imagine a cluttered home for some. To declutter, it seems so formidable a task to most that usually it don’t get done well. Here are some tips where you can start the declutter process in a more rewarding fashion
1. Divide and conquer. Instead of doing too much at one go, you can start with a particular area first, like a room. This is a more efficient way and instant results are assured usually. However it does not help if you only transfer one clutter to another room.
Also keep your tasks small, like 20 mins to clear the drawers in your bedroom, instead of doing the whole bedroom.
2. Schedule sessions. Commit to a timeline to declutter your room. A deadline helps to give focus.
3. Categorise your storage. Work out a systematic way of storing your stuff in logical places. For example keep all stationery in your study room.
4. List down contents of storage boxes. Choose clear containers and folders will help you to visualize te contents. A list of contents can be pasted on the side of the containers.
5. Sorting out clutter to keep or discard. A system of ‘donate, ‘throw’, ‘recycle’, and ‘store’ will help you to decide how to deal with the existing clutter.
6. Space saving furniture. If space is a limitation, choose sofa-beds and other multifunctional furniture to liberate space.
7. Change your mindset. Break old habits that lead to clutter problem like over buying of things and keeping of old unused stuff. Keep documents and stuff in the right places and you have a clutter free life.
Nowadays, you can see the fashion labels of handbags and clothes entering into the lifestyle business. The latest to do so in Singapore is Kate Spade New York. From dinnerware, tabletop, home decor and stationery, you can “wear” Kate Spade in your homes and on your study table. It has just launched its Stationery and Gifts collect on Wednesday at novelty store Monoyono in Plaza Singapura.
Earlier this year, Calvin Klein showcased pieces from its Home Collection in an architectural installation at the Old Kallang Airport. Another fashion label Diesel has teamed up with Italian furniture company Moroso to create its furnishing line.
THE DESIGN STORE BY LIFESTOREY
16 Tai Seng Street #01-00/A Singapore 534138